Monday 10 March 2014

Poznan - 2 March 2014

After re-visiting Warsaw and Berlin it was nice to venture somewhere new and for this part of the journey I would be on my own as Emma had flown back to the UK from Berlin the previous day. The Poznan show was at Troche Kultury, a cafe/bar place about two minutes walk from the Old Town Square. In support was an enthusiastic, young Polish musician who plays under the name Nocna Lampa


The next day I had a few hours to explore the city. I did find two excellent record stores, but unfortunately didn't make any purchases due to lack of space in any of my bags. One of them was possibly the best classical / world music shop I've been in, with shelves of CDs from floor to ceiling.

Due to it being a Monday all the museums in Poznan were shut, so I walked around the Cathedral Island, which was the center of the Catholic faith in Poland at one point, before heading back to the City center to explore the 19th Century architecture that was on offer there.




Inside of Poland's oldest Cathedral.

A twenty hour coach journey was ahead of me, crossing three borders to head home to Riga. I got a lot of reading done, but still didn't manage to finish War and Peace.

A big thank you to all the promoters and venues that helped enable this tour. Hopefully, I will see you again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment